Have you ever found a tool that you know is going to change your life? I found one and I am pretty sure that it will change your life too…
The tool is called BlogStomp. BlogStomp has been around for a while now in the form of Photoshop Actions. I never really bothered with it it too much (partly due to my ‘anti-love’ for Photoshop), until they released the desktop application version.
If you are bloging your images, you know how much time and effort it takes to prepare the images for your blog – resize, add logo, add border, design layout, sharpen, export etc. BlogStomp makes all of this simple and fast! Seriously very fast!!
After the initial set-up where you select the preferences in the settings panel (photo size, background colour, border with, logo etc) for you own blog, preparing images for your blog to upload has never been as simple as this:
- Add photos to BlogStomp (the full resolution, not even resized!)
- Choose photos to be used together (up to 4 photos) You can choose the photos by just selecting them at the same time.
- Select the layout you want or “mix it up” to get some suggestions for the layout.
- Stomp it! (this will resize the photos, add the border and all the preferences you added in your settings panel)
- You’ll see the photos that have been used, disappear from the list, which makes it easy not to duplicate images.
- Repeat until all images have been used.
In those 6 steps, your images will be fully prepared for your blog with your logo / watermark and creative layouts to help tell the story of the shoot. All you need to do is upload!
If you run different blogs, like I run www.theprettyblog.com and KIKI appart from my photography website, you can save different styles on BlogStomp and select the pre-saved styles when you open up BlogStomp.
Blogstomp the App:
A quick video tour of BlogStomp: