Today, we’re getting to know Nicole Zausinger a little bit better! This is part of a series of interviews we will be having with KIKI members. If you would like to be interviewed go to our interview page and answer a few questions!
Website/ Blog: http://blog.zausinger-fotografie.de
Facebook Page: Nicole Zausinger
Location: Munich, Germany
1. When and how did the photography bug bite you?
It was a hummingbird, I was 19 and just spend a year in the US/Washington DC. Since than I love photography :-)
After the birth of my 1. son I started a career as a weddingphotog.
2. Your house is on fire, your family, equipment and pets are safe, but you only have time to take 2 items, what would it be?
my iphone (OMG!!! Can’t believe how addicted I am….)and my skiing equipment (ok, it’s more than 1 piece, sorry)
3. If you could have a conversation with anyone about anything, who would it be and what would you talk about?
Hmm good question, have to think…Peter Paul Rubens (can I take a dead person???), about where he get’s his inspiration from
4. What can you talk about for hours? (apart from photography)
5. What makes you really angry?
the every day-discusion with my son about time to go to bed. UAAAAAAA !!!!!!
6. You help an old lady load her groceries in her car; only to find out she is extremely wealthy. She wants to buy you something to say ‘thanks’. What would you choose?
ok, if she just does not care about money at all, I take the Canon 50mm/1,2 or even the 85 mm. YES, I know FAR too much for one helping hand with the groceries :-)
7. What subject matter do you love shooting?
abstract nature and weddings and, of course my kids
8. If you could only take one lens on every shoot (even if you don’t currently own it), which one would it be and why?
9. If you had all the time in the world to do one photography project, what would it be?
beeing coached by Jürgen Wassmuth, spending many days with photographing abstract nature in Island OR a wedding with a beautifull couple on a beautifull beach (Seychelles) with beautifull guests perfect ceremony on the beach, lovely flowers and stationary :-). Hmm, thats 2 – I take Island
10. Have you ever had one of those embarrassing moments at a shoot? Would you tell us what happened and how you survived?
An old men at a wedding came up to me asking if I could make a picture of him for his “death-annoucement” (sorry, don’t know how this is called in English. It’s typical in Bavaria to have a little handout in church with the picture of the dead person on it)
Not realy embarrassing, but weired on a happy celebration like a wedding to think about someones death. He even gave me 10 Euros for the shoot :-)I did it and send him a few pics.
11. What music do you listen to when you have to get through long hours of admin and editing?
None – silence when I work
12. Which aspect of your craft are you the least and most confident in?
most: details of a wedding. least: congrats of the guests – hate it and I don’t do it anymore
13. When you have to make big decisions, which do you prefer? “Flipping a coin”, “Comparing the pro’s and con’s” or “going with the flow”.
Comparing pro’s & con’s
14. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
heliskiing in Canada I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Skiing and – so far – that has been my very fav vacation (it was my honeymoon, by the way). After that, 3 weeks (thats the time it needs to get there) to Gokio Peak (a 5,300 m in the Himalayians) second favorite place I have ever been
15. Give a link to one of your recent shoots that you absolutely loved shooting? Why did you enjoy it so much?
OH, sorry guys, it’s not online jet! But another one was definitly at Christines WS in Munich. The second pic of the decoration part (left one). I enjoyed it so much because of the positiv atmosphere during the ws and the beautiful setup – simply lovely! … and I borrowed Christines 50/1,2 for the pic :-)