Today, we’re getting to know Crystelle Schlebusch a little bit better! This is part of a series of interviews we will be having with KIKI members. If you would like to be interviewed go to our interview page and answer a few questions!
Website/ Blog: www.crystellephoto.co.za
Facebook Page: Crystelle-Schlebusch-Photography
1. When and how did the photography bug bite you?
I’ve always been interested in photography and have millions of photos! When my little boy turned 4, I decided to turn my passion into a profession. I’m still a “baby” comparing to other photographers!
2. Your house is on fire, your family, equipment and pets are safe, but you only have time to take 2 items, what would it be?
Ooohhh, my Jimmy Choos that my hubby bought in Spain for me and my Laptop and portable harddrive (all my photos are on it)
3. If you could have a conversation with anyone about anything, who would it be and what would you talk about?
Allisson Botha – rape victim from PE! I would love to hear how she survived the whole ordeal! She’s got such a positive attitide and sunny personality ! A woman worth listening to
4. What can you talk about for hours? (apart from photography)
Children and food! I love children ! They are so innocent and honest! My little one is 4 years old and the stuff he tells me, hilarious! Food is another passion! I dont miss a food program on television
5. What makes you really angry?
Ignorance , children abuse and pet abuse
6. You help an old lady load her groceries in her car; only to find out she is extremely wealthy. She wants to buy you something to say ‘thanks’. What would you choose?
Oooohhh, how much would she like to spend on me ??? New Mercedes SLK ? Am I to greedy !
7. What subject matter do you love shooting?
Children is my 1st “love” subject ! After I did a wedding shoot for friend, I’m totally in love with that too ! The happiest day in someones life and you are there to capture it all …. priceless !
8. If you could only take one lens on every shoot (even if you don’t currently own it), which one would it be and why?
9. If you had all the time in the world to do one photography project, what would it be?
Neglected children in an orphanage somewhere in Africa
10. Have you ever had one of those embarrassing moments at a shoot? Would you tell us what happened and how you survived?
No, luckily not ! Like I said, still a baby in photography!
11. What music do you listen to when you have to get through long hours of admin and editing?
East Coast Radio is always playing in our house!
12. Which aspect of your craft are you the least and most confident in?
13. When you have to make big decisions, which do you prefer? “Flipping a coin”, “Comparing the pro’s and con’s” or “going with the flow”.
Comparing the pro’s and cons ! I’m a very realistic person …
14. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Belize – a tropical island in the Caribbean sea! There are rain forests, the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere, mystical Maya Temples, the locals, and of course the beautiful blue sea! Just think about all the photo opportunities!
15. Give a link to one of your recent shoots that you absolutely loved shooting? Why did you enjoy it so much?
This wedding had guests from ALL over the world! The Bride (originally from SA, but living in the UK now). The Groom from Scotland. In-laws from France. Brother from the Netherlands. Cousins from Australia ….. do I need to go on? Talking to people all over the world, hearing different accents, hearing them discussing problems in their countries …. conclusion: ”we still live in the most beautiful country with a diversity of people”